Residential and Commercial Window Tint Saves Energy and Money
The pressure to pursue eco-friendly practices is hitting both corporations and consumers, as everyone examines their carbon footprint to determine how they can lessen their impact on the environment.
It’s possible to make changes that don’t dramatically affect how you live your daily life or how you operate your business. One of these simple changes is the installation of 3M window tint film with help from Energy Solutions of East Brunswick, New Jersey.
What is a Carbon Footprint?
Your carbon footprint is the total amount of greenhouse gasses – carbon dioxide and methane – that your actions generate. The average carbon footprint for a person in the United States is 16 tons.
Everyday tasks like commuting, using electricity, and even consuming food adds to your carbon footprint, which scientists attribute to climate change. You can estimate your carbon footprint using one of many online calculators, and if yours seems a little too high, then window tint can help you.
How Does Window Tint Film Reduce Energy Consumption?
Window tinting for homes and businesses is proven to reduce the amount of energy your home or building uses each day. Its application reduces energy waste by preventing solar heat gain and improving your HVAC’s efficiency.
If your home or office is excessively warm, count on 3M window films to increase your overall comfort by:
- Blocking heat. If the sun is warming your office or home, window tint film rejects the heat the sun produces.
- Never affecting your view of the outdoors. You can enjoy looking outside whenever you want to.
- Never interfering with your window treatments. Because window tint film is thin and sits flush against the glass of your window, your curtains and blinds are unaffected.
If your home or office is cold, window tint film can:
- Add insulation to the glass, so that the heat remains contained inside.
- Reduce cold spots, especially areas near the windows.
In short, you can expect to save money on heating and cooling throughout the year thanks to 3M window film.
Home and commercial HVAC systems are one of the major players in creating greenhouse gasses, while window film has been proven to lower energy costs and lessen reliance on these high-emissions systems.
Window Tint Film is Minimally Intrusive and Lasts for Years
Unlike window treatments, such as blinds or curtains, window tint film never goes out of style. When properly installed by professionals, it’s known to last for years. It’s also far less expensive than replacing the glazing of windows, making it one of the most cost-effective solutions for lessening energy consumption.
Window tint installation won’t interfere much with your daily life. In either your home or business, our professional installers can quickly apply film to your windows from the inside and complete the task in as little as a few hours, regardless of weather.
Other Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
If window tint film is only one way you plan to reduce your carbon footprint, consider these other ideas to implement in your daily life:
- Go paperless in the office.
- Water household plants or office plants with greywater instead of fresh water from the tap.
- Commute to work via public transportation, or carpool if you live near your coworkers.
- Eat fewer meals containing meat, and buy local, seasonal produce.
- Opt for a more fuel-efficient vehicle for your business fleet or personal use.
- Turn your heat down in the winter to a cooler temperature, and increase the temperature of your air conditioning. A change of one degree can make a major difference.
- Unplug your electronics when not in use.
- Buy responsibly-made clothes, or shop secondhand.
Energy Solutions Is Tinting Windows Near You!
Get window tinting for homes, window security film, or even decorative window films, all installed professionally by the experts at Energy Solutions.
Whether it’s for your house, apartment, or office building, Energy Solutions has the window tint film that best suits your goals because we carry a range of quality 3M films that lower your energy bills, protect your property, and look great, for both commercial and residential windows.
If you live in New Jersey, New York, or Pennsylvania, we’re ready to help you reduce the impact of your carbon footprint and feel more comfortable at home or work. To schedule a free consultation and estimate, call us at (732) 490-1500, or request a quote on our website.